Saturday, July 16, 2005

I am sort of functioning normally again. Surgery hurts like hell. I can't understand these people who are addicted to plastic surgery. How can they keep going thru this pain over and over again for no other reason than their appearance? I don't want to have any more surgery ever!
Someone needs to explain to me the whole concept of reparations for slavery. I don't believe for a minute that this would resolve the racial animosity that exists in America. I don't believe that African Americans would forgive all after receiving their cut. And how much money would each person get? And who would distribute it and how? My ancestors had nothing to do with slavery. They were only a rung or two higher on the poverty ladder themselves when they came here. Why should my tax dollars go to reparations? Sometimes when it is recognized that some horrible injustice took place, that's as far as it is going to go. This is one of those times. Look at our treatment of the inhabitants of this continent. They received land in the form of reservations. That has caused them to be hopelessly stuck in poverty. They need to assimilate. It is their only hope. African Americans don't want equality, I don't think. They want to be the top dog. That won't happen, so I don't see them ever being satisfied here in America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home