Saturday, August 06, 2005

Some more things I like...books. I recently read The Tipping Point, Freakanomics, and Blink. These are fascinating books and really easy reads. They are the kind of books you can pick up and put down again and again. The Tipping Point is about trends and how they get started and how they spread. Freakonomics explains the money side of modern life. The drug gang business model looks amazingly like any corporation in America. And Blink is about how we make judgements and decisions in the blink of an eye based on experience and instinct. So, if you are looking for some interesting reading, these books should do nicely. I finished "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" in about 5 days. I could have read it in 2, but I wanted to try to make it last. If you have never read one of J.K. Rowlings books, please check it out. You will be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home