Saturday, June 03, 2006

I am a Deadwood addict

I am proud to say it. I love that show more than any other, and I love a lot of t.v. shows. Deadwood is special. The writing is so intelligent that you cannot wander off or you will be lost. I like that. The language is rough, so if you are sensitive, please move on. You would blush and hyperventilate. For the rest of you, the language is rough because people spoke that way in certain social circles of that era in the American West. In fact, the curse words they used were hell and damn and like that. But, back then, those words sounded just like cocksucker, cunt and fuck do today. I have a fascination with life in the old west and Deadwood satisfies that primal need to know what life was like before I got here. I am preoccupied with how things must have smelled. I imagine the stench in the air would be similar to our standing next to a dumpster that needs to be emptied. People rarely bathed and they didn't brush their teeth...yech. The actors on Deadwood are talented and dedicated to this show. HBO in their infinite stupidity have decided not to renew the series for next season. My fellow addicts and I have let HBO know the magnitude of our disgust with their ill advised plan. We hold out hope that someone will save our show and we wait like expectant fathers for the season opener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home