Thursday, August 31, 2006

A pain

My rebuilt thumb joint is coming along. Took a lot longer for the pain to subside than I could have imagined. Now, I have to plan the surgery for the other hand. I think early November maybe. I can't wait to have two working hands again.
Deadwood, my favorite show ever, ended Sunday night. No more. There was supposed to be a 4th season, but for reasons mysterious, there will perhaps be two movies instead. I'll be glad to watch them if and when they come out. I just ain't holdin my breath. Deadwood was a groundbreaking series set in 1870s South Dakota territory. It's a fascinating time and place in American history. The language was rough, but realistic. The violence was appropriately ugly. I wish we could have had more of Wu and the Chinese workers. I would love to know what their daily existence was really like. I would like to have seen more of the miners and their lives. I would like to have seen more of everything about Deadwood. This is a story that could have lasted at least 10 years on television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home