Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Work

This week the office is very quiet. Most people are on vacation. My boss and I like to work this week every year. No one around to bother us, like his boss for instance. I am afraid that I am going to start saying what I think, which might mean I could get the boot. My boss and I talk all the time about teetering on the edge of mouthing off and getting fired. I'm glad I work for someone who thinks like I do. It would suck if he was clueless. This woman in our company, who is a constant source of aggravation for us, pulled another classic stunt today. She told the accounting person that a particular issue belonged to our department when, in fact, it belongs to hers. And everyone involved knows it. In some alternate universe this could be a situation comedy. But, in real life, it isn't funny. My boss has given up on trying to say anything to his boss about her. That man is blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to the shortcomings of this woman. She is ugly inside and out, so we don't think they are doing the nasty. Rather, it is some sort of misplaced loyalty that is too tiresome to go into here. Suffice it to say, that the man protects her and backs her play, always. Now, nobody is right 100% of the time. But, in his universe, she is. I have updated my resume' and am scouring the job listings. I want out of this nuthouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home