Friday, September 15, 2006

We need a president.

A new one, I mean. The one we have is broken. Doesn't work right. Keeps getting us into trouble. I wish we could have had Ann Richards for president, even for a little while. I can just imagine her press conferences. She was a great broad who died too soon. We have to come up with a viable candidate to run for president. I really can't fathom living here for the rest of my life with right wing, amoral millionaires running this country. Ireland is looking good to me. I never considered moving out of the country until recently. I am feeling sort of hopeless about our future. If we keep stomping around the Middle East like we own the place, someone is going to nuke our ass. Maybe that doesn't scare the bible thumpers, but it scares me. I actually hope that my children don't have children. I wouldn't want them to have to live in a world where the government tosses out whatever parts of the Constitution of the United States that they find bothersome at the moment. I don't want them to live in a country that only pretends to understand the reason behind the concept of separation of church and state. This used to be the greatest country on earth. We are a shadow of our former selves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home