Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I am reading "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. It is about these two guys who decide to walk the Appalachian Trail. It is a funny book, but I could never do what the author did. He allowed an acquaintance to go with him and this is a guy he didn't even like. I would have said, "No." But that's me. Actually, it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. What I would like about hiking the trail is the solitude and beauty of nature. What I would hate is the other hikers. The fact that I would have to sleep in wooden shelters with ignorant strangers is not my idea of a good time. Being scared out of my wits thinking there was a bear outside my tent doesn't sound so good either. Hiking for hours at a time would be good for the soul, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home