Saturday, November 11, 2006

Surprises

I still hate my job, but yesterday something completely unexpected happened. My boss had told another manager that it was time for his department to take over a task our department has been doing. It rightly belongs to the other department, honest. This other manager said no. So my boss and I had a discussion and without saying it in so many words, decided to stop doing the task. Then the next day, this manager came to me to discuss this again. First of all, no one in this company ever thinks again about anything. They shoot from the hip, deflect work, and then refuse to act. I didn't know what to do. We talked for a while and he now understands that indeed this belongs to his department. I offered my help with training etc. and he said we will talk again next week. Then another manager told my boss that he should congratulate me on saving the company a lot of money by noticing an increase in a service. I thanked him for mentioning it to my boss. Wow. This is almost like a real company. I still want out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home