Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Battle Lines

Mr. Big Boss has been using a company credit card for personal stuff. He always pays the bill, but it makes me (and others) wonder why he doesn't use his own credit cards. One of the corporate vice presidents wants him to stop. It's getting very strained between them. I am trying to be sympathetic to him, but he causes me more grief than any 10 people combined, so it's not easy. I made a list of observations about the company. I don't know what I'll do with that. Basically, it represents everything that is wrong with the way the company is managed (mismanaged). Here are some highlights.
1. There are no meetings.
2. New people don't get introduced except by accident.
3. There are 3 separate fiefdoms within the company. Each tries to pretend the others don't exist.
4. Everyone knows that no one ever gets fired for incompetence. Jobs for life.
5. The top boss doesn't meet with his department managers...ever.
You get the idea. I don't know how we stay profitable. I have to get out of there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home