Friday, January 05, 2007

Oh Dear

Our joy was short-lived. My boss told me that his boss has moved on from the inventory problem with the hag. What caused this about-face? After having all evening to ponder the issue, he realized that he was afraid to confront her, so he dropped it. I saw her in his office today, a fairly rare occurrence. She was trying to explain something. He sounded perturbed. I think he feels like he has an office wife, but not in a good way. Oh well, it was such fun while it lasted. Then something weird happened. Someone asked me how things are with me and the person in question. I said "Fine. I don't work with her." He was clearly fishing. What I don't know is why. The only people who know my true feelings are my boss and my family. So, how did this guy know there was a problem? He must have overheard something. I wonder what. Then, the boss' boss left early and made a point of coming by to tell me this and to wish me a good weekend. WTF??? Tune in next week for more intrigue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home